Learn How to RAISE HDL Cholesterol. It's not that hard! Find out how and get energized to make yourself better, from the inside out.
Remember, there is no "good" or "bad" cholesterol in foods - just cholesterol. Our bodies decide what to do with it.
Exercise raises your HDL cholesterol.
The good news - you don't have to exercise at an extreme level to get results. Just exercising moderately 30 minutes on most days will benefit you.
Is that too daunting for you? We are so happy to offer help in making exercise a habit! You can also learn to love exercise.
Shedding some pounds is supposed to raise your HDL and lower your LDL cholesterol.
Easier said than done, right?!
You have our entire website at your disposal to help.
Charts and information
*Even 6 months of life-changing emails (for free)
Smoking raises your LDL cholesterol and lowers your HDL cholesterol. Bad news.
I really empathize for people trying to kick the habit. I found some free motivational texts from the US government (hard to believe, I know) that you can try. Maybe it will help.
Which foods have omega-3 fatty acids?
• Fish & crustaceans (crab, lobster, shrimp, crayfish)
• Flaxseed and flaxseed oil
• Canola oil
• Walnuts and walnut oil
• Soybeans (edamame, tofu) and soybean oil
• Green vegetables like kale, spinach, brussels sprouts, lettuce, basil, grape leaves, mint, arugula, collard greens
• Seaweed (nori sheets used in sushi)
• Spices like ground cloves, marjoram, tarragon, basil, thyme, saffron, sage, bay leaf, rosemary, paprika, chili powder, turmeric, curry powder
• Vegetables like cauliflower, peppers, squash, onions, turnips, cabbage, cucumbers (even pickles!), broccoli, radish, leeks, artichokes, bamboo shoots
• Some breakfast cereals
• Black tea
• Berries like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries
• Beef (although also high in saturated fat)
We need to choose fat which is LIQUID at room temperature.
Fat in our steaks and hamburger is solid at room temperature. Butter is solid at room temperature.
Vegetable oil, canola oil, and olive oil are liquid at room temperature. This is what we want!
Some alcohol in your diet is supposed to raise HDL cholesterol. That is your choice. I have high HDL levels, and I don't drink alcohol.
Just like your dentist scrapes plaque off your teeth, HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol "scrapes" plaque away from your arteries.
Isn't that wonderful?
We can actually undo the damage caused by too much LDL cholesterol in our arteries.
References for How to Raise HDL Cholesterol:
Oct 14, 16 03:14 PM
Get Quick Dinner Recipes that are also delicious and healthy. Discover our FREE RECIPES (tested and approved by this doctor's family) at WeightCruncher.com.
Mar 23, 16 11:00 AM
Celebrate with Easter Dinner Recipes. Our family loves all these dishes, and that's what you want, isn't it? You can elevate your dinner menu and still keep it simple.
Mar 23, 16 10:59 AM
Keep Easter sweet without packing on the pounds. Still have fun celebrating with Easter Dessert Recipes.