Discover foods to avoid high cholesterol. It's remarkably simple to learn;
but most people find them harder to actually avoid. You can do both with this information.
Here are the foods to avoid high cholesterol. (But remember, 75% of your cholesterol is made by your body, and you have no control over that, except with medication.)
Higher fat meats (usually) have more cholesterol.
• Beef, fattier cuts with more marbling
• Pork, fattier cuts like bacon and ribs
• Hamburger containing higher fat (i.e. juicy hamburgers)
• White meats with skin, like chicken and turkey
Dairy products containing higher fat content have more cholesterol:
• Whole Milk and 2% Milk
• Cream cheese with higher fat
• Cheese with higher fat - like cheddar, american, monterey jack cheeses
A lot of people don't know this. Now you do.
Meat and dairy products with lower fat have less cholesterol. You can still enjoy these foods by choosing ones with less fat.
• White meat with lower fat and skin removed, like chicken, turkey, pork chops or pork tenderloin
• Beef, lean cuts (less marbling)
• Hamburger with less fat
• Many lunch meats and processed meats have less fat, like lunch meat, hot dogs, turkey bacon or sausage
• Lower fat cream cheese (sometimes called "neufchatel" which is 1/3 less fat)
• Lower fat cheese, like mozzarella and parmesan
• Lower fat milk, like skim (fat free) and 1% milk
• Eggs and cholesterol are a bit of an exception. They are high in cholesterol (not so good) but low in saturated fat (good).
Foods and ingredients made from plant sources are cholesterol-free.
Exercise lowers your bad (LDL) cholesterol and raises your good (HDL) cholesterol.
2. Eat high fiber foods:
Grains that aren't highly processed, like old fashioned oats
High fiber foods help you in 2 ways. They can actually lower your bad cholesterol. Also, these foods don't have any cholesterol, so you're not adding cholesterol to your system.
3. Eat foods with Omega-3 fatty acids:
Nuts, like walnuts
Some oils - like walnut, flaxseed, canola, olive, and soybean oils
Oct 14, 16 03:14 PM
Get Quick Dinner Recipes that are also delicious and healthy. Discover our FREE RECIPES (tested and approved by this doctor's family) at WeightCruncher.com.
Mar 23, 16 11:00 AM
Celebrate with Easter Dinner Recipes. Our family loves all these dishes, and that's what you want, isn't it? You can elevate your dinner menu and still keep it simple.
Mar 23, 16 10:59 AM
Keep Easter sweet without packing on the pounds. Still have fun celebrating with Easter Dessert Recipes.